Saturday, November 19, 2005

Goldberg-Variationen

It is handwritten on the disc like an incantation, my magic formula to get back to myself. There is a crack at the end, the piano stops abruptly, returns to track one, starting over again.

This night I had a strange dream: She calls me on my mobile, I see her name on the display, I need to find her petit ami, the man with whom she has the child, he’s lost. There are no more words necessary. I am not sure whether this is Meissen or not but I walk on a plastered road along a river, it looks like fall somehow, there are booths and shops and only few people. I enter a radio shop, the vendor is just demonstrating the virtues of a hi-fi to some believers but the music soaking out of the speakers sounds dull and old-fashioned. There is something I need to buy there, something unusual.

First snow in the morning, looks beautiful. But in the supermarket, people put on faces grey and angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home